|Hardware reference for the Freescale i.MX27 processor
- Development Kit supports WinCE 5.0 and Linux 2.6
- Includes the TX27 i.MX27-based module
- Optional 7" TFT display
- Includes schematics for motherboard at no cost
The TX Development Kit-5 (P/N: TDK-5) is a ready-to-use development system for creating applications based on the Freescale i.MX27 processor running either Windows CE 5.0 or Linux 2.6.x. The i.MX27 combines ultra-low-power operation with outstanding multimedia performance due to the h.264 D1 hardware codec. Ethernet 100/10 MAC and USB 2,0 host/OTG are also integrated in the chip.
A major advantage of the Kit-5 is that it is based around the TX27 module. System-on-Modules (SOM’s) like the TX27 are a great way to reduce both time and costs to develop a new product, as the most complicated design areas (processor system and operating system driver development) are already done. In addition, the cost of maintenance is reduced as :
- future software updates are supplied at no cost by simply downloading the latest versions from our website, and
- warranty repair costs are lowered because the SOM can be easily replaced if a fault occurs on the carrier board.
Furthermore, while one part of the development team is developing software, the hardware engineers can quickly develop a simple 2 or 4-layer custom carrier board (similar to the Kit-5 carrier board) that will ultimately form the basis of your new product design.
SBC / Carrier board features:
- DIMM 200 TX27 socket
- Two SC-card sockets
- USB 2.0 OTG connector
- USB 2.0 Host connector
- D-SUB 15 VGA connector
- 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet (DM9000)
- UCB1400 audio codec & touchscreen controller
- 3.5mm headphone connectors
- RS232 on 10pin flat cable header